Construction marketing is an advertising practice that makes use of both online and offline channels to market a construction company and build the business s relationship with its prospective target audience to turn these target prospects into loyal customers. With all the available media channels at your fingertips, how do you know which ones to focus on? Here are some ideas: – Look for construction websites online. Construction websites are one of the most cost-effective ways to get in front of people and get them talking about you. While they’re online, they are also readily available for you to use and have a hand in developing your marketing strategy.
– Search for construction marketing blogs and podcasts. Building marketing blogs and podcasts are the best way to find out what topics people are talking about related to your target audience. You can then incorporate them into your own website or blog to better reach out to your target audience. You can also set up your construction company Facebook page to update your current projects and talk about the upcoming ones you’re planning.
– Review and comment on other blogs and websites. While you can’t actively control all the blogs and websites out there, you can make your presence known within the major ones. Most of these blogs and websites are run by authority content providers who want to attract attention to their sites by providing informative, interesting content to their fans. When you comment on their posts or add a link back to their pages, you gain credibility and a good customer base. You can also find some free or paid backlinks in these posts that can help increase your search engine rankings as well.
– Implement a content marketing plan. Content marketing is the process of distributing your web contents through the various online distribution services like article directories, social media marketing sites, etc. to reach your target audiences. These sites allow you to create original content based on your own ideas and provide fresh, quality articles. You can have your articles published on their pages and then link back to your construction company web site with backlinks from another website.
– Use search engines for promotion. Search engines are the best places to distribute promotional material for your construction companies and give them high ranking in search results. You can have an optimized landing page on the search results page that gives your customers a list of related products and services. You can use text links, blog comments, video tags and so on to promote your brand and gain exposure.
– Use social media for your promotion. Your construction marketing ideas should include the use of social media for promotion. This includes creating and maintaining a Facebook page for your business, creating a Facebook Fan Page and updating your Twitter and LinkedIn profile. You can use social media for online promotions as well. You can have giveaways, competitions and contests on social media and give away publicity to your brand.
– Think global. Construction marketing strategies need to be geared towards reaching people from across the globe. Do not focus on local promotion if you do not have to. Expand your reach globally by adding your business website on Google maps, making yourself visible in the UK and other European countries via RSS feeds and using social media like Facebook, MySpace and so on. Think global as much as possible.
A construction business is an investment and therefore requires you to think ahead about the needs of your potential customers. You should work hard to target the right market segment so that your customers remain loyal to you. You will also have to focus on attracting new customers so that your brand is not left behind and you can develop a strong customer base. Follow these construction marketing ideas to develop a winning marketing strategy.